Senin, 04 Januari 2010

9.Pembahasan Reading Incomplete Dialogues 19-21.

Number 19.
Stranger:Could you tell me how to get to the bank?
You:......................

A.It's next to the shopping center
B.Go straight ahead and turn left
C.It's around the corner from the station
D.The bnak is located across from the supermarket

Difficult Words
next to=disebelah/straight ahead=lurus terus/turn left=belok kiri/around the corner=disekitar sudut/is located=berlokasi/across from=seberang dari/

Pembahasan:Ungkapan"Could you tell me how to get to the bank?" adalah ungkapan untuk menanyakan arah.
Contoh-contoh lainnya:

1.Do you know how to get to the bank?
2.How can I get to the bank?
3.Please tell me how to get to the bank from here?
4.Can you tell me how to get to the bank?

Jadi jawaban yang tepat untuk nomor 19 adalah B.

Number 20.
Mrs.Thomas:I've just witnessed an accident.It was hit and run
Police Officer:Can you describe the car?
Mrs.Thomas:Well,.....................I think.

A.it's green with buttons down the front
B.it's a two storey one with air conditioning
C.it's a small blue Japanese one with two doors
D.it's an expensive one with a wheel at the back

Difficult Words
witnessed=menyaksikan/a hit and run=tabrak lari/describe=menggambarkan/button=tombol/a wheel=ban

Pembahasan:Police Officer meminta kepada Nyonya Thomas untuk menggambarkan mobil yng kabur.Nyonya Thomas menggambarkan bahwa mobil tersebut kecil,berwarna biru,buatan Jepang serta mempunyai dua pintu. Jadi jawaban yang tepat adalah C.

Number 21.
Dewi:Hello,would you like to come to my house tonight?We will have a birthday party for my youngest sister.
Dewa:Yes,sure..............................

A.I'd love to
B.I don't think so
C.I have a lot of work to do
D.Would you like to have dinner with me?

Pembahasan:"would you like to come to my house merupakan  ungkapat undangan?"
Ada beberapa ungkapan undangan lainnya:

1.Won't you come to my house tonight?
2.What about coming to my house tonight?
3.You will come to my house tonight,won't you?
4.I'd very much like you to come to my house tonight.

Bila orang mengundang ada dua kemungkinan:menerima atau menolak undangan.
Ungkapan Menerima Undangan
-I'd like to
-That would be very nice
-Tha's sounds nice idea
-With pleasure
-'d love to

Menolak Undangan
-I'm sorry I can't
-I wish I could but I am very busy
-I'm sorry I don't think I can
-Thank you but I have to go to the hospital

Jadi jawaban yang tepat untuk nomor 21 adalah A.


Pembahasan:"Could you tell me how to get to the bank?" adalah ungkapan untuk menanyakan arah.

1 komentar: