Sabtu, 17 Desember 2011

READING COMPREHENSION

Choose the best answer , A,B,C, or D to each question.
Questions 37 to 39 refer to the following chart.






Number 37.

What does the chart show?

A.The students who did not graduate?
B. The writer's first interview.

B. The students of community cpllege?
C. SMK student's activities after that they graduate.
D. Unemployed students.

Number 38.

How many graduates become entrepreneurs?

A. 10%
B. 20%
C. 30%
D. 40%

Number 39.

What do the two fifths of SMK Grafika graduates do?

A. Unknown
B. Getting a job
C. Running own business
D. Studying in a community college

Questions 40 to 42 refer to the following text.

The Assembly Line Worker

         In 1949,when I was 13, my family managedto escapeChina, and a year later, we made our way to New York City. My first years in America was spent on learning and trying to get by in school. But by my senior year, I was near the top of the class.

         Still, I was nervous as I looked for work that summer. I had never been interviewed for a job. But my father was out of work, and I had to help support the family. I looked through the want ads every morning  and was called to arrange appointment. Finally, I found a job on the assembly-line at the Swingline,Inc.Staplers  factory in Long Island City (in New York City). Placing little red top on tiny staplers was boring, but it was great to earn $40 a week.

          The most important job I ever held was my first job on an assembly-line. The minumum wage may not have been glamorous, but it gave me independence and enabled me to help the family.


                                                                                            (taken from journey-2 by Lebauer,1977).

Number 40.

What is the main topic of paragraph 2?
A. The writer's first job.
B. The writer's first interview
C. The writer's father
D. The writer's most important job.


Number 41.

 When did the writer and his family make their way to New York City?
A. In 1950.
B. In 1977.
C. When he was 13 years old.
D. When he was 40 years old.


Number 42.

"..........., but it gave me independence and enabled..........."(paragraph 3).The underlined word refers to.....
A. assembly-line.
B. first work
C. glamorous.
D. minimum wage.


Questions 43 to 45 refer to the following text.


Hotel Toegoe Malang
Jl. Tugu 3 Malang East Java
malang@toegoehotel.com

January 3 rd,2010



The PR Manager,
Garuda Hotel
1 Maliboro Street,
Yogyakarta.

Dear Sir,
I would like to tell you that   that our PR and HR managers, Ms Riani Sukma and Mr. Ari Bintarto , will attend a meeting in Yogyakarta on January 21 st, 2010 and stay there for three days.
We should be glad if you will reserve accommodation for them;29 (two) single rooms with 2(two) bathrooms.
Please let us have an early confirmation of this booking.

Yours faithfully,


Hotel Toegoe Malang

Ponty Yuniar Risgiyanto


 43. What is the purpose of the letter?
        A. To send two managers to Yogyakarta for a meeting.
        B. To book rooms in Garuda Hotel.
        C. To reconfirm the room reservation.
        D. To offer a hotel accomodation.

 44. Who will join a conference in Yogyakarta?
       A. Mr.Ponty Yuniar Risgiyanto.
       B. The PR Manager of Garuda Hotel.
       C. Mrs. Sukma and Mr.Bintarto
       D. The Maanagers of hotels in Yogyakarta.
   
 45. "We should be glad if you reserve..."      
        The boldtype word is closest in meaing to ............

         Bersambung                                                     

2 komentar: