Selasa, 30 Maret 2010

Part V.

Part V. Directions: Questions 16-25 are incomplete dialogues. Four clauses/sentences, marked (A),(B),(C), or (D), are given beneath each question.You are to choose the one clause /sentence that best complete the dialogue.Then, on your answer sheet, find the number of the question and mark your answer.

Number 16.
Zack  :Let's go to the cinema.There're a lot of new movies.
Ryan  :That's a good idea. ....., action or comedy?
Zack  : I like to watch some thing that can make me laugh a lot.

A. What is the movie about                                    C. Which one do you prefer
B. Which book do you like                                     D. What film did you watch

Number 17.
Santy   : Herman and I are coming to the reunion. ..................?
Eny      : Count me in. I won't miss it.

A. Would you pick me up                                        C. Would you invite us to go
B.Could  you tell everyone                                        D. Would you like to go with us

Number 18.
Janitor      : Why do so many people litter around the building? ......., I have to clean the floor again and again.
Supervisor: Don't complain. Just do what you have to do.

A. Poor me                                                               C. I dislike you
B. Lucky you                                                             D. My Goodness

Number 19.
Cindy  : Well, would you please tell me about your ability?
Frank  : Since I grew up in Australia so ................. Besides this I also can speak France and Germany.

A. I could speak Arabian                                            C. I am able to communicate in English
B. I was able to talk to them                                        D. I am good in translating foreign language

Number 20.
Ferry   : I'd like to fix the kitchen plumbing. ............. I want to open the sink.
Yadi    : Just take it. I put it in the tool box.

A. Can you buy some wire ?                                        C. May I borrow a screwdriver?
B. May I help you to repair it?                                      D. Can you show me how to do it?

Number 21.
Zaki      : Congratulation.  ...... It didn't take such a long time for you to prove that you can be number one.
Danish   : Thank you very much. Without all you, I'm nothing.

A. I rely on you                                                             C. It depends on you
B. I can make it                                                             D. I can't count on you

Number 22.
Receptionist: King of Ticket, can I help you?
Customer    : Yes, I'd like to book three VIP tickets for"Teater Koma" performance  next friday.
Receptionist: Okay .................., cash or credit card?

A.Can I pay the installment ?                                            C. Where is the cashier counter?
B. Can I bargain for the tickets?                                        D. How would you like to pay?

Number 23.
Benny : Do you happen to know where the location of the new apartment is?
Gina    : It's quite close. ..............Then turn right at the corner.

A. It's around the corner                                                    C. Take bus number A.616
B. I don't know where it is                                                  D. Just walk down the street

Number 24.
Rayhan : What's your plan for the next long weekend?
Aulia    : ............... My family loves swimming very much.

A. We'll go to tea plantation                                                .C. I planned to visit my hometown
B. I'm going to learn cooking                                                D. We'll go to "Sukaria: water park.

Number 25.
Henny  : Yesterday,two terrorist were killed by the police. What do you think of it?
Yoppy : ............ At least, now we can feel a bit safe while we're hanging  out with friends.

A. I'm against you                                                                C. I couldn't agree more
B. I'm not in your side                                                          D. I don't agree with you

Number 26.
Marla   : What's going on ? Why do you look so upset?
Nancy  : I wasted my time. If I studied well, ....................

A. will do the test later                                                         C. I would pass the final examination
B. I wouldn't get  better score                                               D. could have answered all the questions

Number 27.
Carla   : What's going on with Kayla? It's already 10 o'clock. Will she came?
Pat      : ............ She just called me.                                    

A. She may call us                                                                C. She won't join us
B. She mught be late                                                             D. She can come early

Number 28.
Mark    : Don't you see something strange from the victim before his death?
Ted       : No, nothing. He does everything as usual ...., studies in library and has a small discussion at campus.

A. He helped people                                                             C. He provides meals
B. He goes to class                                                                D. He was working in the office

Number 29.
Caller           : I've already made a reservation for this week. May I know my reservation number, please?
Receptionist  : All right.  .............................
Caller            : It's under the name Reyna Chaniago.

A. Who is speaking ?                                                             C. Who made the reservation?
B. Can I have your number?                                                   D. May I know your name,please?

Number 30.
Liza     : Why don't you pay a visit to my house during your trip?
Surya   : ........... But, I am really in a very tight time. We have to finish all the report.

A. I wish I could drop by                                                        C. If I were there, I would call you
B. I wish I could invite you                                                       D. If you have time, I do really want to

1 komentar: